“Without emotion, no being that we might create can have any hope of aspiring true intelligence”
In the article “Robot cognition requires machines that both think and feel” Luiz Pessola makes the point that designers of robots tend to focus purely on the rational cognitive capabilities. By doing so, the intelligent machines we create are not intelligent at all. Yes, they are intelligent in playing chess. No, they are not intelligent because they do not have a sense of urgency or the typical human smarts. For true intelligence AI requires to both think and feel like humans do.
At EMRAYS we came to the same conclusion in text analysis. It is the emotions of the reader of text that we should be interested in.
Understanding the effect text has on the emotional state of the reader allows us to communicate better. If you have ever used a chatbot then you know what I am talking about: Chatbots are not getting you emotionally – because they are rational systems, operating without emotions. When these systems would understand the affect of their texttual communication to the emotional state of the receiver a different type of conversation would emerge.
At EMRAYS we have understood this and can exceptionally accurately predict the emotional state of the reader of text. In fact, the EMRAYS AI reads and feels text the same way we humans do.
Bringing feeling into Artificial Intelligence EMRAYS allows our clients to analyse text very accurately.
- Optimize writing for emotions, and even compare the emotions between text.
- Understand the emotional context of their company/brand/initiative in the news – you can get a daily feed for free!
- Get the real emotions behind comments on social media and when needed act immediately
- Analyze textual conversations with clients (e.g. chatbot conversations)
- Bring text to speech to the next level by adding emotion transitions in speech where needed.
- And more…
In the next blog posts, we will be discussing each of these areas in more detail.